Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Still dropping inches

I've been a bit frustrated for the last couple weeks, as I don't seem to be losing any weight. However, I have upped my workouts to 3 and 4 times a week. I have been noticing my muscle mass increasing, and try to convince myself that I am losing fat, just replacing it with heavier muscle. Well today, I found some proof of that.

Today, knowing that I had to appear before a local City Councel, and wanting to wear green for St. Patrick's Day, I was looking through my clothes looking for something green to wear when I came upon these brand new pants hanging up, with tags still on them. At the time, I could not remember where they had come from, but decided to try them on. They fit perfectly, and my thought at the time was, "Oh cool, they are not stretched out and falling off me like all of the others".

So later I am talking to my wife, and ask her where these pants came from. She reminded me that I had gotten them for Christmas, and they were way too small for me. Then I remembered that when I tried them on at Christmas, I could not even come close to getting them to button. Now they fit perfectly. So that is a 45" waist to a 42 inch waist in 9 weeks.

Not sure I will ever get back to the 32" waist I had when I graduated from college, but I am now 30% closer to doing so. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment