Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Broke 275 lb barrier

On Saturday, 4-11, I volunteered to help out the regional work out for the up coming CrossFit Games. It was a lot of fun. Boy let me tell you, I may think of myself as being competitive in nature, but what those athletes put themselves through that day was nothing short of HELL. I have absolutely no inclination to ever want to try those kinds of work outs. It was amazing to see them push themselves so hard. I don't think anyone left the gym that day without a raspy voice. There was no way you could watch these men and women push themselves to the incredible work outs they were turning in, without getting emotionally charged and yelling, screaming and doing everything you could to help keep them going.

As part of my plan to help, I brought a big batch of the Polynesian Beef Tip Stew that I have previously posted and a bunch of Oranges that I cut into wedges. When I participated in the Fight Gone Bad workout for charity last fall, someone had brought orange wedges. After nearly killing myself with the workout, those oranges were like the food of the Gods. They really helped me recover that day, so I wanted to make sure that they were available to the athletes. Apparently both were good choices, as there was nothing left of either by the end of the day.

Now to my weight. When I got to the gym that morning, I checked my weight. I was 272 lbs. That makes a total of 52 lbs I have lost since starting at CrossFit and 22 lbs since January 1st of this year. I can't wait to get into the 260's. Its been a long time since I saw that weight on the scale. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment