Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weekend Convention

Well, it was bound to happen. Had my yearly gaming convention, (DunDraCon) down in the Bay Area. This is basically a 3-day weekend where you sleep little, sit playing hundreds of games, (card games, minitures, role playing games, etc.), and try to survive on convention food.

It wasn't pretty, but I took a bunch of beef jerky, almond crunch, and cashews and avoided the worst of the worst. However, I certainly did get off the Paleo bandwagon for the weekend. This was my first non-caffein induced Con ever. I did keep up with drinking the lemon water only, and surprisingly, I think I was more alert and did better than sucking down the usual 10 diet sodas per day.

Now that I am back home, it is back onto the diet. Having had the carbs over the weekend, it was surprising to me how much more I craved them today. But I have been good, and am hoping that a weekend of indulgence, won't put me too far behind the 8 ball. Guess we can see the damage this Thursday at weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment