Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weigh in 2/12/09

Well, the old scale was not too friendly today. Still at 282 lbs, (same as last Thursday). I'm actually not too disappointed, however, as I also lost about an inch off my waste, (went down to the next belt hole), and I can see and feel the extra muscle I am putting on in my shoulders and chest.

So overall, I can tell my stomach has shrunk, (I also found this week that I could comfortably fit into and even button a dress jacket that I have not been able to wear in a couple of years). I had a massage on last Friday, and the massues kept commenting on how much more muscle and muscle tone I have added in the last 2 months. One of the wierd things, (though nice), is that I can actually feel my stomach muscles toning up. I actually feel like my stomach is getting "pulled in", because the muscles are so much "tighter" than they use to be.

So as Nicki keeps telling me, the scale is a good thing to keep an eye on, but the main thing is that I stay consistant on my paleo diet and workouts, as that is what is going to "lean me out", and that is what I really need to be focused on, rather than what that "weight" might be.

P.S. Also got a new personal record for my deadlift tonight, 365 lbs. I then bit off more than I could chew, as I wanted to lift 405 lbs, which is a total of 8 blue/45 lb weights. (365 was 6 blues and 2 greens/25 lb weights). It may be silly, but I love the idea of lifting all blues all away across the ends of the bar. (I want to frame that picture). I really thought I could do that 40 lb jump up, because 365 did not feel that hard. I could get the 405 off the ground, but unfortunately could not clear my knees. So oh well, now I have a new goal to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment