Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weigh In 2/5/09

Been doing pretty well on eating only paleo. I had a judge threatening me with contempt today if I did not eat a donute, (he didn't want to be the only one eating them). Luckily, a couple other attorneys took him up on the offer, so I didn't have to risk his questionable sense of humor. Several months ago, I gave in and ate a donute, (he's a visiting judge and brings donuts every time he sits on this particular juvenile calendar). Then I made the mistake of telling Nicki about it. I still remember my "work out", (which would better be termed Punishment Session) that she put me through while telling me how "disappointed she was". Sheesh, not going to make that mistake again.

Otherwise, this week was pretty good. I am still doing large batches of hamburger patties and chicken breasts as fillers when I don't have enough time to cook something more elaborate, but with the variety of recipes that I am now using, I am starting to feel like this "diet" is one that can be made with enough variety to keep it fresh and as a long term lifestyle. I've done the Atkin's diet before, but it never felt sustainable to me. So I would follow it for a time, (lose some weight), but ultimately go off of it and gain back the weight. While in some ways the Paleo Diet is even more restrictive than the Atkins, it is easier for me to conceptualize WHY I am avoiding certain foods. The Paleo also explains and encourages me to mix in good FATs, to still get that satisfied "full" feeling, that I never got on the Atkins diet.

So now that i am down to 282 lbs, (which totals 12.5 pounds since January 1st), I can honestly say that I have not had to go hungery. While I know we are fast approaching the end of the "Paleo Challenge" that Rob and Nicki put us on, it is clear to me that I will be continuing on with this "lifestyle" for the forseeable future.

Thanks for everyone's continued support.

Only about another 60 lbs to go. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment