Thursday, January 8, 2009

How I cook vegies with Marinades

To be honest, while several of my marinade recipes discuss adding vegetables 1/2 to 1 hour prior to serving when using the marinade as a broth, I don't really do that. I am one of the strange vegetable hating freaks, that really can't stand eating raw and firm vegetables. If I am going to eat them, they have to be chopped up and cooked to a pulp in either a soup or stew type presentation. So when I use the slow cooker, all of the vegies get cut up and added to the pot the night before, (along with the meat and marinade/broth), so that in the morning, I can simply pull the pot out of the fridge and set it for cooking all day long.

I know this is not how most people like to eat their vegies, so that is why I list the more traditional 1/2 to 1 hour cooking time in my recipes.

Just wanted to set that straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment